[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Music ?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Music ?

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 6:57 pm

Music ?

Hi all ! I just wanted to make a small thread on what music do you listen to. ( I saw a lot of forums had one so...it can only be good :lol: )
So, personally, I like Dire Straits, Mark knopfler, Pink Floyd, Deep Purple, AC/DC...

EDIT : I frogot jimmy Hendrix, Eric Clapton, The Rolling Stones, the Beatles, and Led Zep'.
Last edited by alex on Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
<<

jenujacob

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:10 pm

wow!!! alex!! for a 14 year old i had expected u to listen to hip hop and stuff!! ;)
but those are some great artists with real music!! ;) classics..
my favourites include those of alex's and my present playlist includes all the songs of Zero7 (lounge attack!! ';) )
<<

dsarchs

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Apr 20, 2007 7:27 pm

Lately:

65 days of static, Explosions in the Sky, God is an Astronaut, Nada Surf, Sufjan Stevens, Death Cab for Cutie, Efterklang, Arovane, The Pixies...

Too many, now that I'm trying to list them.

I go through phases, though. Now it's a lot of indie noise bands, but next week maybe folk or 90's alternative. hmm...
<<

Exsecratus

KT-Warrior

Post Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:51 am

I hear all kind of stuff
but lately disturbed, thousand foot krutch, tv series themes

o/
<<

Silke

KT-Senior

Post Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:00 am

Thanks for posting this thread, Alex, I was wondering the same thing...I'm anxious to learn what the young-at-heart listen to...;)

I like (classic) classical (because of violin ;)), no contemporary classical (yuck). Led Zeppelin, Van Halen, Tom Petty, Pink Floyd, AC/DC, the Moody Blues (seen them in concert 5 times!), ELO (Electric Light Orchestra), BTO (Bachman-Turner Overdrive), Blue Öyster Cult, Procol Harum, Enigma, Blood, Sweat & Tears...I like oldies, 70's (kind of same thing I guess...), 80s and that's kind of it, I think.....Oh. I also like jazz like Dean Martin, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald, Sammy Davis Jr, then there's DJ Sammy, MC Solaar (French!), and the Beatles songs in Germand and English (Sie liebt dich, ja, ja, ja!!).

I also like some modern rock, if that's what you can call it, Mile 8, Nickelback, some Creed, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, AAR (All-American Rejects)...

Oh yeah....and Rammstein!!!! "Du reicht so gut...." Ja. and German beer drinking songs!!

Sort of an eclectic taste, but you get the idea....;) Ich liebe musik!!
~Lady Silke~
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Apr 21, 2007 7:01 am

I lean towards the acoustic stuff, but am wide open.

lately I listen to my whole playlist on random, so I get to listen to all my music! some of my favorites are Jack Johnson, Francis Cabrel, U2, David Crowder Band, Seal, Sade, Gillian Welch, Blind Boys of Alabama, Nickel Creek... man I just realized how schizophrenic that list is! :lol:

I, too, appreciate Dire Straights, and most you mentioned Alex!

<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Apr 21, 2007 8:53 am

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:21 pm

i listen to a mixture of music, basically almost everything:
my favourites are Queen, U2, Deep Purple, Dire Straights, Doors,
80's pop (Alphaville, Europe, Lauper, Survivor), some Ethnic,
definitely classic music (Vivaldi, Holst), electronic (my ever best
Jean-Michel Jarre) and symphonic metal (Therion and the
outstanding Nightwish).

don't like greek "fast-food" music, oriental, hip-hop.
<<

pibuz

KT-Warrior

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:32 pm

Hi all!!

I love to speak with all of you about the music i listen, even if i think i'm the only one outta here who likes PROGRESSIVE STUFF :oops:

I started a long time ago with Genesis (my first love: band of the well-known Phil Collins and Peter Gabriel), then i followed Gentle Giant (melodic prog with orchestra influences), Yes (very subtle, very impressive!), and other minor (for me, at least).

Nowadays i thoght there weren't bands of such a huge grandeur: then i found Dream Theater (really cool, now i'm a big fan, and you should too [take an half-hour to listen Octavarium: it's worth it!!]!!), i recently discovered the Flower Kings (which some of you may know: they're swedish), Pain of Salvation (a little too hard to me but cool), Mind's Eye, Platitude, Circus Maximus, Spock's Beard (rock prog so funny!) and many many others i haven't found the time to listen to better yet.

If someone wants to get bored MORE he only has to ask me!!! :D
KEEP RENDERING, TINY COMPUTER, KEEP RENDERING!
-----------------------------------------------------------------
AutoCAD - Photoshop - 3dsMax(7...sigh) - Vray - Sketchup - Kerkythea
<<

jendrzych

KT-Warrior

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:54 pm

Uff, subject as roomy an ocean, so maybe I'll just say what my audio is playing last days:
- a lot of Mum, Sigur Ros and such ("soundtracks from films about dying horse chestnut trees" as my friend call such music :D );
- Interpol;
- Editors;
- Beck;
- Waits;
- loads of mall local or unfamiliar artists.

Next week it could be sth completely different - baroque viola concertos, Rammstain, Carbon Based Lifeforms or just USSR animated cartoons soundtracks...
The future is unknown. At least fo me :D

EDIT:
http://limbikfreq.com/
Nice radio with electronic music - ideal if one needs a background for work late at night.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:19 pm

Last edited by Fletch on Fri May 18, 2007 4:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

<<

benzjie

KT-Master

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 8:43 pm

<<

ciccio

KT-Explorer

Post Mon Apr 23, 2007 9:58 pm

ho yep I love: ( Christopher Cross, Genesis, Lionel Richie, Eric Clapton, toto, Elisa an italian singer ) music years 80 to me appeals to a lot.
<<

sintra

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:13 pm

Kind regards

Darren

Sketchup6 & Kerkythea
Dell Precison M90 notebook, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 Ghz, 4Gb of Ram, nVidia Quadro FX 2500M

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrengoodwin/show/
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:20 am

needed some background musik late at night... so took up jz on his offer:
http://limbikfreq.com/

listening now 8)

Next

Return to Off Topic