[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - UV UVW?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

UV UVW?

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Zacchia

KT-Explorer

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:21 am

UV UVW?

Hi at all

I know how to correct textures in Sketchup (make them projected) when they are wrong in the direction and when i work with KT all is fine.

Buy the way: How do i set a link in this tread from another tread?

But now i work most of the time only with my architecture programm and here i need to work with 3ds files (only). Almost all files have wrong texture directions like on the picture. Now i have found out that it has to be with UV mapping. I also know and i have a free programm to chance the way of UV mapping. But all ways are not really good. Now i have somewhere written that it needs to have UV and W mapping like x y and z axis in 3d. This makes sence for me. Now i ask the forum if there is a way to give my 3ds objects UVW mapping? But i guess it is only possible with Cinema4d or similar software witch i do not have.

Thanks for time and answers
Attachments
Chair.jpg
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:34 am

Blender is free and has excellent UV mapping/editing features. Also you might want to look on Wings3D or trueSpace.
<<

Zacchia

KT-Explorer

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:46 am

I know them. But i did not see UVW Mapping on them. I miss always the W coordinate for the mapping in 3d. But i am not shure if it is possible, i just readed about this.
<<

Zacchia

KT-Explorer

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 9:47 am

Blender i guess it is just to heavy for me...
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Jan 12, 2009 6:08 pm

<<

Rafa

KT-GrandMaster

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:28 am

I'm not sure the W exist on a UV Mapping. The mapping means the application of a 2d information on a 3D surface, and the surface is considered 2D. The warping method may be 3D, cylindrical, sppherical, but the cordinates are 2D.

The aditional 3D information like bump or normal mapping is just definded by the position relative to the surface, but with other values Bump intensity, etc, not a W coordinate.

Regarding the chair... maybe you need to explode the chair, the wood legs one object, with different UV than the seat.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:34 am

For complex models like the chair, if you want to use a single texture file for the whole model, you better use UV unwrapping or split the model in parts and use multiple textures.
Roadkill is a nice standalone application for UV mapping/unwrapping, if blender feels too loaded.
http://www.pullin-shapes.co.uk/page8.htm
<<

Zacchia

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:07 am

Thanks for answers folks

Here is something written about uvw mapping

http://fordy.planetunreal.gamespy.com/g ... s/uvw.html
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team