[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Test: Walk-through animation in Podium and Kerkythea
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Test: Walk-through animation in Podium and Kerkythea

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:21 pm

indeed, I spoke w/ Ioannis who mentioned similar.
it is simply that your frames are so . If you render w/ 640x480 you would find that multi threading is very helpful.

just check I ran 2 nights ago.

<<

Ecuadorian

KT-Warrior

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 4:58 pm

A couple of questions about animation

Sure, my videos are usually rendered @ 720x480 for DVD production (With rectangular pixels, of course... haven't found a hack to do the same in Kerky but it doesn't really matter as ConvertX to DVD can do it for you. When I used Adobe Encore DVD I had to render at 720x480). It's just that before rendering the final version, you usually make a tiny version to check that everything's OK, and that's what my test was all about. I think I should have clarified this from the beginning. And my reason for choosing the odd 230x150 size instead of the more common QVGA size (320x240, suitable for streaming video) is that Podium evaluation version offers only two sizes: 500x500 and 230x150 (None of them usable for anything, actually, the first one is too square and the second one too small), and I wanted to make a fair test, so I had to use exactly the same size in Kerky.

Fletch, that video looks very kire-na (clean, beautiful, a Japanese concept I learned in The Book of Tea by Okakura Kakuzo).

And since we're talking about Walk-troughs, I have a couple of questions:

1) How do you select which frames to render from an animation camera? I read somewhere that you can specify the frames to render in the same way as you specify which pages to print in MS Word: 1-20, 50-100, etc)

2) How can I program a series of animation cameras to render one after another? Videos with only one long shot can be boring, so recently I've been doing 4-8 second shots (max 20 seconds) and editing them together. I guess Kerky scripts are the key, but after scouring the forum I haven't found any help on scripting.
<<

Ecuadorian

KT-Warrior

Post Sat Feb 28, 2009 7:26 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 4:45 am

In the animation dialog I'm sure you've discovered that you can set the speed of the transition. Have you tried setting it to "Zero"?

To select frames for rendering (think this was in a tut I made somewhere, sorry can't link you to it off the top of my head.) It's buried in the advanced settings. Giannis really didn't have the opportunity to focus on animation and net rendering as much as he and I would have liked, but he's working on them now... especially animation...

anyway - it's in the advanced settings-
SETTINGS>ADVANCED>Scenes>##scenename###>Cameras>###NameOfAnimatedCamera###

looking forward to seeing some more from you. ;)

ps - I've not had good luck using the set file/directory feature... probably just user error - never really needed it.
Attachments
SetFrames-Animation.jpg
ZeroAnimation.jpg
Last edited by Fletch on Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

<<

Ecuadorian

KT-Warrior

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:28 am

Thank you very much, Fletch, now I understand!

I just need to check the time the animation camera passes through each node, multiply it by my framerate, and input the parts I want in "Frame Selection".

I did experiment a little bit with the speed... it is nice to set the speed of the first and the last node a little slower than the rest, so the movement looks more natural. Setting it to zero in one node causes that part of the animation to come to an almost complete halt... useful for "stopping" to check a very interesting view, for example. I remember setting up all this speed variations was difficult in Artlantis 4.5, as you had to insert little "clocks" in the animation path and then manually input the exact time the camera had to pass through each clock... In MAX it was a bit easier, but the way Giannis implemented it is quite clever, actually. Pretty much the way tempo directions are given in a partiture:
http://www.music.vt.edu/musicdictionary ... empo2.html

I guess I'll dust one of my old ArchiCAD models to make a test in Kerky.

Thank you again, Fletch!
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:31 am

Impressive video, by the way!
moving water and moving caustics?! wouldn't have even attempted that myself in Viz.
did you fake the volumetrics in post-pro? no matter what I did in VIZ I got nothing for volumetrics... and no one could seem to help me on Vizdepot.

I find all the moving people totally distracted me from the architecture. We just did a similar vid. in our office w/ about the same number of moving RPCs in a hospital... they asked us to dump them... for same reason.

great job on it!

did you actually render the toilet room?! :lol: no one's asked me for that one before...

<<

Ecuadorian

KT-Warrior

Post Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:53 am

Attachments
volumetric_lights.gif
god_rays.kzx
(4.42 KiB) Downloaded 236 times
Previous

Return to Off Topic