[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Victorian House Walk through
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Victorian House Walk through

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

andrewque

Post Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:55 pm

Victorian House Walk through

This is a project I've been working off and on with since 2010, and finally have a walk through I am pleased with. I had a lot of trouble getting this model to render the walk through so that it looked good enough, and finish rendering in my lifetime. There was some compromises I had to make. No matter what settings I tried, I could never get the dinning room to render without the "salt effect". Too many surfaces with specular sampling. They look great when using metropolis light transport, but not so good without. So fuzzy tracing is disabled.

1920x1080@25 fps animation

In all I am quite pleased with the outcome. Kerkythea is fantastic software. If you have the time and CPU power even a novices (such as myself) can make some impressive work. I'd love to hear some feedback.

Stats:
Rendering: over 2 days
System: AMD 8-core 3.6 GHz with 16 GB of DDR3 1866
Frames: 2,025
Uncompressed video size: 11.7 GB

Settings:
AA Method: None
Fuzzy Tracing: No Tracing
Soft Shadows: Low
Trace Translucencies: Yes
Method: Photon Mapping + Final Gathering (SW)
Photons: 10,000
Shooting Depth:6
Caustics method: None
Rays: 400
Accuracy: 0.25
Gathering Depth: 1
Tracing Depth: 5
Transparencies: Yes
Reflections: Yes
Refractions: Yes
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Sep 24, 2012 11:31 am

Re: Victorian House Walk through

Nice work. :grin: (I know it was a lot of work)

Your link reminds me - Did you try to use ? If you can get it to work with KT, can you post a step-by-step how to use it?

Return to Galleries - Finished Projects