[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - K popularity...
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

K popularity...

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

tango13

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 8:38 am

<<

clipi

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:13 am

What happened to Lox_Federico... was't him working at blendernation?
He was original very interested in KT and then we almost lost contact we him?. He did introduce KT into blendernation if I am not mistaken.

Here it is..

http://www.blendernation.com/2006/04/03 ... /#more-362
<<

tango13

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 11:49 am

Oh yes, I forgot that!
And I see that Federico is from Rome like me so... Federicooooooo, 'ndo staiiiiii?!?!?!?!? :lol: :lol: :lol: (this is roman dialect rather than pure Italian... ;) )

Ciao,
Piero
<<

clipi

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:55 pm

veramente... Federico ritorna con noi!!!
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:39 am

Vizdepot's FIRST POST REGARDING KERKYTHEA

<<

iamtbo

KT-Senior

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 5:40 pm

<<

tango13

KT-Explorer

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:44 pm

<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:21 pm

Piero,

During the past few month time, many images made with KT has been published, and that sure has been recognized at the SU Forum.

I don't share the same view as iamtbo. I believe it has something to do with userfriendlyness. Since KT isn't very well documented, many users trying KT give up because they don't get the result they had expected.

Further more, we also need to remember that many architechts don't want to rely on a freeware product if it is not well documented.

Ever since ToMasz released his SU2KT full exporter (ver. 2.1), things sure have changed to the better! Users are all of a sudden able to create their model in SU add lights etc and with a few click they've exported the model to KT and with just a click on the render button, they see an amazing result. Now that's what people looooove to see!! :)

Together with the next KT release and the next SU2KT exporter, I'm sure that KT will experience a huge boost!! :D

I feel confident that the popularity of KT will increase a lot over the next few month time.

Cheers
Kim Frederik
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:18 pm

With all respect for the hard work you all invested in KT, I think it still lacks a professional interface look.
And this thing too may be a reason of dissapointing.
Take a look at "Indigo" UI: it's a more attractive look, even if much more complex.
You will say: "Let's keep KT simple!". All right, but it must be simple, elegant and attractive in the meantime.

No offence, I love KT more than I can say, but I think that, without a pro look, without a very well designed UI, KT will hardly reach the place it deserves.

Just my thought :oops:

Dan
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:32 pm

I tend to agree with Dan. I don't need to explain how great a passion I have for KT, but a mixture of my previous comments about the documentation, userfriendlyness and Dan's comment makes sense - to me. :?

Even though that it's - more or less - just a shell, the UI looks a bit unprofessional/old fashion. (Sorry, Giannis, no offence...) :oops:

I've mentioned it before. Maxwell has a very pro UI. Looks smart and feels smart. Documentation is in place which gives the user the "taste" of quality.

I don't know anything about Indigo, but I assume it's the same.

Well - I suppose that it's relatively easy to change the UI. Like I said, it's just a shell, like the body of a car.
We're driving arond in a Lambogini - only the body work looks like a Skoda from the 80'es... :P
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:33 pm

Why KT is slow to soar, but soar it will.

Frederik is right... KT's ease of use from SU2KT is a big boon for it. Animation coming is going to catch on fast, IMHO.

I intend to do some updated tutorials aimed at SU users when I can get the chance. I'm addicted to KT now, so.... my wife is about to throw my computer out of the house right now... so it may be a few weeks.

There's merit to the 'freeware' stigma problem idea, but the right images can dispel that myth quickly. They did for me! The pool and bathroom shots by clipi, the 360 pan of the bathroom by ToMasz or someone, I forget now, sorry... all helped to convince me to try it.

1) The biggest strike against KT is its Website. Maxwell's website says 'look what I can do' and KT's says 'I bet you can't guess what I can do'

2) It's not called 'Kerkythea.com' or whatever... I still hunt it up on Google to find it, I can't just say 'go to KT.com'

3) Kerkythea is really a difficult name - at least for Americans - every person I say the word to (and I'm sure I'm mis-pronouncing it too) says "what's it called?" and even after reading it in the SU forums for months I still couldn't remember or spell it correctly. It helped after Clipi told me what it meant. It's just not a 'cool' 'appealing' name. I'm happy with the name now, but first impressions are strong for some people... maybe G. should rename it to K-ray? just kidding! :P

4) Seeing is believing... I show people what I'm getting out of KT in only a few hours and their jaws hit the floor. A simple flash video showing the best of the best of SU - KT (or blender or whatever everyone uses) and RENDER TIMES, ease of use, is what KT needs to catch on quick with someone who is curious and poking their nose around the website for the first time. I can try to put something together in flash of my work, if someone would host the .swf for me... or maybe my work will host it - I'll look into it. If I put something together, I would gladly add any other works - maybe from the 'Gallery'?!

5) Plus, no one can believe Giannis is as nice as he is - all that hard work on such a great render engine, and he's not charging anything? What's the catch? Where's the evil rabbit hidden in that magician's hat?
:wink:

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 9:21 am

<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed Nov 15, 2006 12:03 pm

<<

afecelis

KT-Team