[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Which app do you use for modeling to render in Kt?
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Which app do you use for modeling to render in Kt?

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

Which app do you use for modeling to render in Kt?

3dsmax
3%
Sketchup
67%
Blender
15%
Gmax
1%
Silo
1%
other, elaborate which
13%

Total votes : 178
<<

SURFiNG

Post Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:36 pm

<<

jrmaximus

KT-Fellow

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:38 pm

<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 5:05 pm

<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Aug 03, 2007 6:39 pm

<<

Redsuit

Post Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:34 pm

Hello!

I'm a newbie in 3d world and I can say this render package simply ownz!The UI is damn simple, clear...and I really like that basic/advanced settings placement.I believe it can be easy learned by everyone who don't know what renderer is.But the best part is that it's fully supported by this awesome site, with awesome tutorials and awesome people.

To get on topic:
I use gmax with KT renderer, planning to learn Blender and to get used to Wings3d.

br
<<

ciccio

KT-Explorer

Post Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:49 am

I use Moi3d; Cinema 4d; Autocad; sketchup; Zbrush

import in Kerkythea 3ds format
<<

Rafa

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sun Mar 02, 2008 12:45 am

Im using TrueSpace 3.2 for most of the simple things i do.

Im trying to learn blender... :? and testing Gmax and Wings.

Some ages ago I used dos based 3ds. Oh, those times, with 2mb of ram and 30 mb harddisk. Reacently i found some modelings of that time.

Edited some months later: I upgraded to True Space 7.6, Wings is great, and some quick things in Sketchup.
Last edited by Rafa on Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

river valley

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:22 pm

couldn't find where to elaborate in the poll..

I use a thing called DyanCADD, a German/Canadian product from the 80's from a company called Ditek. Those of you who remember its Sister program Calamus on the Atari will know them.

Yes i have not one, not two but THREE !! TT030's lined up on a shelf to last me to the year 2030, should any die off ( the 4th one i had died around 2002 ). However my only mouse might run out of click before then, but there is always NoSTalgia or ARANYM to soldier on with ( thoe who know will know )

I have to use ArchaicCAD, AwfulCAD & Revit constantly when i freelance for other offices, but for my own work this 2D/3D CAD fairly blitzes them for speed and funcionality. You think SU puts modern CADDs to shame?, well you are in for a culture shock to know what exisited around 1990..

so the basic stuff is formed in that, I export a .DXF file to Sketchup to assign materials to faces then KT from there.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Apr 14, 2008 3:26 pm

(shakes head in absolute stunned amazement) ...

my father still draws in AutoCAD using keyboard shortcuts... but NOT the shortcuts built in, or even his own... no... he uses ALT to activate the menus and has memorized many of the letter shortcuts to jump to the menu items from there... and I thought THAT was impressive and original. (if not extremely inefficient)

But you, my friend, take the cake!

<<

deathmessinger

Post Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:15 am

<<

taveuni13

KT-Warrior

Post Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:03 pm

I thought I would just add a little plug here for Chief Architect for anyone who primarily does conventionally built residential and light commercial design. It will also do more adventuresome stuff, just not as easily. They just employed an SU drag and drop though which helps to do stuff Chief won't do natively. Their 3ds export has made it a lot easier to get into KT via SU (though I am plugging here and there of a direct exporter? :D )

I do notice that as far as modeling/viewing in 3D, it seems to be able to handle much more complex models than SU without bogging down. SU tends to be the work-flow bottleneck when trying to render in KT, especially with larger files.

Arroyo Grande, CA, USA

Kerkythea, Chief Architect X1 & X2, Sketchup Pro 6
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:31 am

deathmessinger, have you posted some of your render work? sorry if I missed it. :oops:

<<

bamboali

Post Sun Nov 14, 2010 2:40 pm

Sketchup, a video i made a long time ago http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u01MmnM4hdo :P
Previous

Return to Off Topic