[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - PoseRay to Kerkythea conversion
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

PoseRay to Kerkythea conversion

<<

flyerx

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:42 am

PoseRay to Kerkythea conversion

<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:48 am

Regards!
Dan
ArchiCAD // SketchUp // Kerkythea
Intel Core 2 Duo E 6400 @ 2,13 Ghz // NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT // 4 Gb RAM // Win XP SP2
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 10:57 am

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:30 pm

Welcome FlyerX. These are great news.
<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 3:16 pm

<<

flyerx

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 7:36 pm

giannis,

Thanks for the offer. I did sent you an email.

As I mentioned on the message to giannis, the conversion may take some time since I am rather busy. Most likely it will be done in phases with several beta versions released to the KT forum only. By the way... where should I announce any new PoseRay releases? Here in Off topic?

I have another question about materials in KT: Can a material file be read that modifies all the materials in a model instead of just one? Maybe it could be done with a script.

regards,

FlyerX
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:24 pm

send request to Giannis via email when you have announcement of first beta, he will likely create a PoseRay sub-forum ... at least that's what I would do...

<<

Rafa

KT-GrandMaster

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 3:49 pm

flyerx, Good oportunity for congratulate you for PoseRay! and that conversion tool would be great!
<<

flyerx

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:30 pm

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I am glad that many people actually find PoseRay useful. I noticed that the displacement tool is rather popular here and I just wanted to let everyone know that I am looking into making the displacement function use an adaptive subdivision scheme before displacement. The subdivision will be done where the displacement mapping has non-zero gradients. This should prevent the model from becoming too dense by only subdividing the triangles that are affected by the displacement changes. It is still a long way to implemented but PoseRay internal data structure should allow for easy implementation of this scheme.

regards,

FlyerX
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:22 pm

<<

Rafa

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sat Feb 14, 2009 3:51 pm

Woooooow, that would be awesome!

Unnecesary subdivition is the main reason why displacement has to be used with caution. That would be great.
<<

DragonSlayer44

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:54 am

@ Flyerx Congrats on the new update!! The new high light on selected obj. Is a great help!! (?) Is there going to be a new added slot for spec. and trans. for the mats on the same obj. Just a thought. Add I hope to see the new export to xml in the future!!! That would be great!! And if no ones said it yet welcome!!
<<

flyerx

Post Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:30 am

DragonSlayer44,

The only reason I did not include trans and specular at the same time is because, as far as I know, POV-Ray does not support it without modifying the transparency map to use the alpha channel. This makes the conversion rather cumbersome for POV-Ray scenes. I will take a look at it again and see if anything could be done.

The xml writer for KT and the enhanced subdivision/displacement routines are mostly finished. I also added a blended subdivision function. This provides for a non-subdivided mesh to join with a subdivided mesh without gaps.

I just need to some stress tests. I will release a preview link on this thread soon. I would like people to test the update and to get some feedback to better convert models to KT meshes.

regards,

FlyerX
<<

Rafa

KT-GrandMaster

Post Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:33 am

<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Fri Feb 27, 2009 6:46 am

Regards!
Dan
ArchiCAD // SketchUp // Kerkythea
Intel Core 2 Duo E 6400 @ 2,13 Ghz // NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT // 4 Gb RAM // Win XP SP2
Next

Return to Exporter-Plugin Development