[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Photography
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Photography

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Rafa

KT-GrandMaster

Post Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:24 pm

That would be great! :mrgreen:
Last edited by Rafa on Tue Sep 08, 2009 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:40 am

OK testing, testing,testing......

:D
Last edited by RedSquare on Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
Fanners \:D/
_______
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:54 am

OK naff photo's coming up.....

Should have polished the apple.

So, that's what the yellow eggs were!

Nearly three weeks the invasion lasted, then they went as quickly as they came.

One of my Grandaughters, she's only 3, not sure if she'll see 4. :roll:
Last edited by RedSquare on Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:35 am, edited 5 times in total.
_______
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:57 am

Some more...

Very talkative, noisy, next door's cat.

What big toes you've got.

Yeeeeee Hah!

40 mph I'm doing, who's a pretty boy then!

I'm doing more than that! Didn't I know that, frazzed RedSquare.

Who you staring at then?

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Team from the Northrepps Foundry Arms (pub) thrashing the team from the Southrepps Vernon Arms (pub). Two villages near me, that means it will be war the year after next. :P

Aw! I'm going to have to resize these yet again. They're horrible, too large. :(
Last edited by RedSquare on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:49 am, edited 10 times in total.
_______
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sat Sep 05, 2009 3:06 am

Resized but still too large.....Grrrrrrr! :roll:

Cromer carnival Red Arrows display.

I'm sure he loves me. Horse - Not so sure about that!

Ah! Just viewed them on my lap top, perhaps not so bad after all. :P
_______
<<

Jon

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:00 am

Another shot from Centreville. :D
Attachments
Toronto w Sus smaller.jpg

"Music is the wine that fills the cup of silence"
~Robert Fripp
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:21 am

Nice one Jon.

You seen this guy's work?

:P

I am very thick, I was under the delusion that to make an HDR you needed to combine multi exposed shots to give you the fantastic depth of colour/light. But he's showing shots of flowing rivers and people crossing bridges. No way can he have shot say 8 different exposures, other wise the water and plants and people would have moved.

So is he doing HDR post work based on one exposure somehow? :?
_______
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Sep 08, 2009 3:14 am

Maybe he uses hdr cam, I loved to have someting like . But more likelly he uses "RAW headroom" as some digicams can record dynamic range of 12+ stops, exports 12/14-bit raw as 16 bit image (that naturally does not contain more that possible 12/14-bit) to Photoshop and then tonemaps it to ldr. Result is similar to HDR tonemapping, if conditions are good - but it still lacks the dynamic range of true HDR, even it looks far better than average 8 stop dynamic range.
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:54 am

Right, blimey 24f stops in one hit, the mind boggles. Fascinating that real time measurements can be taken as well. I shudder to think how much it costs. :grin:
_______
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:20 am

Last edited by notareal on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:42 am

I can but dream. :lol:

Think I'll take my photo's off, no crit's.

Hmm! my camera produces raw images at the same time as the jpegs, I wonder what sort of result I could cook out of them, although I use paint shop pro not photoshop.

I'm downloading the presentation as I type. Interesting, thanks for the link notareal.
_______
<<

Rafa

KT-GrandMaster

Post Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:26 pm

I have not tested this but in Photomatix you can open a raw file and tone map it.

http://www.hdrsoft.com/examples.html

The effect is produced by what I imagine as a "selective contrast", in a real hdri you have more information to choose from, but depending on the raw image you might have just enough.

Edited. I tested and you can add this effects to a simple jpg too.

Edited2: By the way, nice photos RedSquare and Jon!
<<

Rafa

KT-GrandMaster

Post Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:23 pm

As I don't want to :hijak: this thread, i did some tests here:

http://www.kerkythea.net/phpBB2/viewtop ... 1380#71380

Cheers
<<

RedSquare

KT-GrandMaster

Post Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:50 am