[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Kerkythea has rocked my world!
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Kerkythea has rocked my world!

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

unigami

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:08 pm

Kerkythea has rocked my world!

Well, that might be a bit of an exaggeration...but I certainly have begun looking at the world a lot more differently since I've been learning how to render.

For example, several weeks ago I was looking at a wall calendar at work, one of those give-away calendars that one of our mold makers sent to us. This one features muscle cars from the 60's and 70's every month, and obviously, it's been hanging up since January..I see it every day. I looked at it more closely this time, because I was interested in seeing how the car body was reflecting the lighting, and I suddenly realized - they are all rendered images! It was a bit shocking.

And then I started noticing how many renderings there are in magazine advertisements and web graphics. Some of them are so good that honestly, I'm not sure if they are real or not. I started getting a little wacked out for awhile thinking almost every picture of a modern building, interior, or car that I saw was actually a computer generated image....so many of them are, and I bet most people don't even realize it.

I also find myself looking more closely at shadows, global illumination, reflections, and other lighting effects in real life and I even caught myself thinking the other day "wow - cool caustics!"

Maybe I need to take a break :)

Honestly though, I'm really enjoying learning all this, it has made me appreciate so many things in a new way, and I'm really enjoying seeing all of the great work that so many of you have posted!
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:38 pm

Re: Kerkythea has rocked my world!

:lol: +1!
Same thing happened to me a few years back.

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:14 pm

...and many others, including me.
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

unigami

KT-Warrior

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:04 am

Here's a good example of one of my points...I just saw this picture on Reddit today. There was a lot of discussion about it, but no one suggested what I was thinking....I suspect this is a rendered image. What do you think? Is this real or not?

Here is the link to the Reddit post:
Attachments
2_sharing space.jpg
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Sep 24, 2011 3:58 pm

For me that looks real. Mainly based on appearance of the sand and silicone seams. If this is a render, they have made a huge job with details and materials.
Thea Render and Kerkythea Rendering System, by Solid Iris Technologies
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:00 pm

Agree with Notareal, completely. The imperfections tell me that if it's a render, the person went to a lot of work to add the final touch of imperfections.
Attachments
imperfections.jpg

Return to Off Topic