[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Need help with CAD file
FAQ  •  Register  •  Login

Need help with CAD file

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

powershot

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:29 pm

Need help with CAD file

I work freelance as a cg designer doing renders of residential interiors and exteriors but desperate times calls for desperate measures...so currently i am busy working on warehouses but find it difficult to read the CAD file - not sure if the openings on the sides of the building is suppose to indicate a door or just support beams...anyway hope there is someone out there who can shed some light on this for me. Thanks
Attachments
cad dwgs.zip
(197.2 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
<<

POLARA500

Post Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:45 pm

Re: Need help with CAD file

Power,
I opened your files and the first thing I noticed was they weren't to scale. The
20'-0" column spacing shown when dimensioned was 1 1/2". I rescaled it 160
times and the spacing was 20'-2 3/16" I did the same with the side wall but when I tried to dimension what I thought were doors they dimensioned 3'6"+
x 4'4+. I don't know what to tell you they should have been drawn 1'=1'.

Sorry

Richard Wey, Architect
<<

powershot

Post Mon Dec 05, 2011 2:40 pm

Richard,

Thank you so much for your effort i really appreciate it.
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:24 pm

is free and can open most any normal CAD file.
I highly suggest getting it, Power.

<<

POLARA500

Post Sun Dec 11, 2011 12:40 am

Fletch,

The problem isn't opening the files it's that they aren't drawn to real world full scale. I've been opening dwg files for 20 years and I've never seen anything like these. I don't know the program you've suggested. Will it be able to correctly scale the files?

Richard
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:00 pm

sounds like the person (I didn't open the files - have no time, sorry) didn't draw them correctly in CAD in the first place. There's no program that can fix that automatically.

Return to Off Topic