[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Speedy Indoor Preset - goal: VRAY quality
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

Speedy Indoor Preset - goal: VRAY quality

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:50 pm

Speedy Indoor Preset - goal: VRAY quality

In order to test the preset I need I'm using a very practical 'typical' SU model that a common twilight user will use.

below you can see I started w/ mostly flat mats from SU, and one good quality render setting, and was able to get same qual in 1/2 the time... but I need it even faster.

Then I will add my specular mats back into the scene and render with that faster preset to hopefully have a speedy/good quality render preset for Twilight...
Attachments
FlatMats-TwilightGlass_lineartonemapping-D2.5-1_PM-Med+AA+SS+FT+PT_1h18m-4threads.jpg
+/- 1h18m
FlatMats-TwilightGlass_lineartonemapping-D2.5-1_IndoorQuick+AA+SS+FT+PT_39m33s-4threads.jpg
+/- 40m

<<

ToMasz

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Feb 04, 2009 6:37 pm

Fletch,
It will be very hard to set up a good preset for all conditions. I think the preset has always to be adjusted against number of photons. I remember Giannis has fixed it in Thea, so the photons are being distributed between light sources so rendering will take similar time.

I think it could be done this way:
- number of photons < 1.000.000 / No. of lights with some reductions when number of lights is small (1-4), maybe an increase of number of photons when photons per light drops below 5000??
It all has to be done by trial and error. You are just learning how to achieve it.

Regardiing Arch7 scene from the other thread - blurred reflections are a bottleneck in KT, will see what Giannis did it Thea.

Tomasz
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon May 18, 2009 6:45 am

I'm actually finding what may be either a bug or just a weakness in KT 2008 Echo - that is the soft shadow anti-aliasing in PM+FG settings.

no matter how high of a quality I set or photons I shoot, I can not get a nice looking soft shadow. :? :cry:

I'll send a test/bug scene to G. when I can confidently argue my position.

<<

ToMasz

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon May 18, 2009 6:47 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed May 20, 2009 4:48 am

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Wed May 20, 2009 9:30 am

I guess that the value 0.01 is close to perceivable difference between neighbour pixels that's why it works. On the other hand, the 0.3 works only in conjuction with the internal edge AA, which of course is not applicable in the case of shadows...

Return to Testing, Development, Planning