[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Material Editor Guide questions please post them here....
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

Material Editor Guide questions please post them here....

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

eulgrand

KT-Warrior

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:05 pm

Smiley,

With KT 2008 Echo's material Editor, you just have to check the "Inverted attenuation" flag in the Fresnel Ramp options of Diffuse layer.
Take a look at

:wink:
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:23 pm

<<

smiley

KT-Explorer

Post Fri Sep 05, 2008 5:39 pm

Sandy
<<

laki

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:34 pm

Hi All,
this week i was working hard on "Material_Editor_Guide",reading through,translating,practicing..but still some issues are mysterious for me :( ..so i will be grateful if You could help me to solve my problem

first,on page 4 of Material Guide was written:"we have to make sure that our diffuse colour and specular colour don't exceed the amount of light it recives,meaning that both diffuse an specular colour have to be in 1,000 intensity limit".
i can't figured out where can i controll "intensity limit",is it the percentage value connected to colour?and it should be always 100% ?or is it just about weights in layer panel and percentage of diffuse colour have nothing to do with it.
Thanks in advance ..
<<

eulgrand

KT-Warrior

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:27 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Sep 06, 2008 8:58 pm

If you are putting diffuse and specular on the same layer, be sure they equal 100% total. So lets say you wanted a white wall paint (like standard latex wall paint) but you want to do it quick-and-dirty just cause you're lazy. :D

if you set the diffuse color to white, do not set it to perfect 100% white :!: Set it to maximum 96% grey (very close to white). Better - it needs some specular reflection to appear more realistic... and you just want to be quick-and-dirty as mentioned before - set the white to 85% grey in the diffuse, and 10% grey in the specular. (85diff+10spec=95 and 95<100 so still ok)

but it would be just as fast if you set it up using Patrick's basic plastic, and change the blue to a white color... max 96% grey for the diffuse white... and then you don't have to worry about the rest.
Attachments
SetDiffuseTo85Percent.jpg

<<

laki

Post Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:11 am

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:35 am

<<

laki

Post Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:02 am

Thank You Notareal very much,sorry for not expressing my gratitude earlier,i was on holiday
<<

Mickey

KT-Fellow

Post Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:16 pm

I downloaded Patricks' "BASIC_PLASTIC_perfect _relection. I read that the reflection intensity is governed by the IOR. When I use different plastics (for example IOR_1,060 and then IOR_3,500) and then I look at the Materials Editor, I do not see where the IOR registers any differently for each -- appears to be "1.00" for each of the two Matte/Phong materials. Although I see that the previews for the two are very different -- one much shinier. I am clearly missing something.

Kerkythea is such a wonderful program but I confess that in spite of the extraordinary generosities of the forum participants, I find myself constantly flummoxed. I have spent the last six hours trying to make a little more headway cracking the code of the materials editor. I printed and am trying to understand the 2007 Material Editor, by cross-referencing it with the recent video tutorial for Kerkythea 2008, which I listened to several times. I am trying to recreate the effects from the tutorial(s), and am cross-referencing various forum threads, downloading and studyig material samples, testing on a Basic Studio setup.

I can't seem ever to figure out which box corresponds to which instruction, or to orgainize the various hints and explanations from different sources. If I am not thrown off this forum for general ignorance, I may have to postpone my continued studies until there is, someday, a comprehensive 2008 Materials Editor as good as the 2007 one. I am really impressed by the collective abilities here -- but I am so confused I cannot even figure out what questions to ask. Seem to always be searching for a needle-in-haystack.

Sorry for the longwindedness. Maybe tomorrow I will figure out some reason why I can't recreate, for example, how the Index of Refraction changes reflection intensity. Among all the other mysteries. But if anyone can help me with that first stupid misunderstanding...well...thanks as always.

Trial and Error is one way to get at the answers -- but I sure am getting a prohibitive ratio of Error to my Trial.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 7:59 am

I think study of , might be best if you like to create simple, but good looking materials. First select material with suitable reflection strength and then apply color/bitmap to #0 [matte/phong] and possibly a bump map.
<<

Mickey

KT-Fellow

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:58 pm

<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:21 pm

Attachments
IOR_1.060.jpg
<<

rombout

KT-Master

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:08 am

If i want to make a half transparent mat. And i put a white colour in the diffuse layer at 50% and a white in the refraction at 50% is this correct used the mat has to be dull so i dont need any specular or reflection

as i thought 100% equals invisible. i put the ior to 1. Im also having hard times with water and making it a bit shine through at a specific angle. When you take a water mat, at an angle of late say 45 it reflects to much i think. Water in real life reveals a bit more from under its surface.
Imac 24" 2.8 Ghz Intel Core Duo 4GB

Mickey

KT-Fellow

Post Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:07 pm

Notareal, thanks for going to the trouble of sending the screen diagram -- it is enormously helpful. Don't know how I missed this, but it would have taken a long time to get it on my own.

I am also interested to follow responses to rombout's approach for matte translucency.
PreviousNext

Return to Materials