[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - new features: testers questions
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

new features: testers questions

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 5:38 pm

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
<<

notareal

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:00 pm

<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:39 pm

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:27 am

Could somebody help me with this?

I am having a hard time getting rid of the sharp edges, there is also a strange line in the bump that I cant seem to explain. ( you can see it in the top right of the planet.)

Here is a link to the scene
Attachments
ProceduralPlanetTest01.jpg
- Ozy -
Windows XP Home, Intel P4 1.72Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram.
<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:14 am

Scattering helps.
Enable volume lighting (Scene->Global Settings->Volume Lighting)
Set the scattering density to what looks good (0.1 ??)
For the third sphere (Fresnel) set scattering to what looks good (0.3 ??)
Render with PTP.

This was just 3 passes so the quality would improve with more obviously. Volume Lighting takes a lot more render time.

Edit: I forgot, I increased the sun size to 20, but 5 works just about as well
Attachments
globe.jpg
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:32 am

Thanx, I will try that next.

BTW, that strange line in the bump is still there in the ocean in the top left.

I think it has something to do with using a synthesis layer in the bump channel. Just a guess though.
- Ozy -
<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 3:39 am

There was a reported bug regarding that, but I thought it got fixed...
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Thu Jan 17, 2008 4:20 am

Bummer, I was afraid of that.
- Ozy -
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:17 pm

- Ozy -
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:01 pm

<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:27 pm

- Ozy -
<<

lekonna

KT-Explorer

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:52 pm

I'd like to share some thoughts with you guys, i think the rc forum might be the propriate audience for this. These are all my thoughts based on whatever i've read and understood about rendering so please correct me if my undestadning is wrong.

Sperical hdr images vs rendering noise:

To use the hdr images in rendering the more resolution or more contranst differences the actual image has the more the different rays hit different colored specs and generate noise in rendering => big hdrs == big render time.?

This now generates a question, (i might have asked this before already) Are we able to use one HDR for lighting and one for background image and reflections ? I might want to actually use a very low res smoothed out hdr for the illumination to reduce the render time and one quite high ress for the reflections and just plain old image as a background.

Linear vs. gamma color-flow
If i use linear space hdr images as background they come out very washed-out looking in the final renders. Now if i change the renderer to linear mode does this take into account the fact that most my textures are 8bit jpgs with the gamma adjusted values inside them? So does enabling linear mode fix my background image but ruin my texture contrast?

Do we have an option of working in linear mode so that all the textures will be degammafied(uh) automatically?

br,
janne

ps. do we have a cell shader /material setup for similar? (this rend is from blender)
Attachments
piirrosnaama.jpg
-
core 2 quad 2.4g, win xp sp2
core 2 duo 1.8g, win xp sp2
core 2 duo 2.4g, OS-X 10.4 darwin 8.11.1
<<

clipi

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Wed Jan 23, 2008 11:41 pm

<<

alex

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Jan 24, 2008 7:08 am

that would make a problem for reflections......or lighting of Hi-res going through the dome...... :? (as hi res needs to be HDR to have good reflections ;) )

Previous

Return to RC Testing