[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Xfrog tree model to test instancing...
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

Xfrog tree model to test instancing...

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:21 pm

<<

Frolfer12

KT-Senior

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:32 pm

Follow the link below to download the 4 grass libraries that I have created. Simply unzip the .zip file and place the 4 folders (Grass 1, Grass 2, Grass 3, and Grass 4) into the "models" folder in your Kerkythea Directory. To use them, insert them using the drop down menu and then use the instance brush to paint them around your model. Grasses 1 & 2 have different model choices (single plane, 1'x1', 2'x2', 5'x5', 10'x10', and 25'x25'. If you are making a large field of grass, it would take forever to "paint" the "single plane" grass model around. Instead, you should use one of the larger versions (ex. 5'x5') and you will be able to cover your area much quicker.

Link Removed

The .zip file is 8.5 MB so it may take awhile to download.

Let me know if there are any problems that you run into.
Last edited by Frolfer12 on Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Tue Nov 27, 2007 11:48 pm

Something that needs to be asked...

At some point in the future if I (or anyone else here) decides to make a picture with these models. Are there any requirements that need to be included, or are they simply 'as is' to be used as one likes?
- Ozy -
Windows XP Home, Intel P4 1.72Ghz, 1.5Gb Ram.
<<

Frolfer12

KT-Senior

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:18 pm

These grass models may be used by anybody in any way they like. None of the images in the models were purchased.
<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:35 pm

Greg,
you mean you generated them yourself?
that's indeed a very-very nice package! =D>
<<

Frolfer12

KT-Senior

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:12 pm

Ozylot, after your comment, I started thinking about the grass more carefully. Unfortunately, I have to retract my earlier statement saying that anyone can use the grass models. All of the images came from online sources and may have copyright issues. I do not know exactly to what extent this could be an issue for Kerkythea and I do not want it to possibly cause a problem. I intend to take my own photos of grass in the future and apply the same techniques for creating new grass models. I will make those available for all to use when I am able to do so. Sorry for the confusion. If you have downloaded the grass models already, please delete them or use them at your own risk. Again, sorry.
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:53 pm

Well, it was something that I felt needed to be considered. Some of the sites where I spend more of my time have model sections, and the only requirements for using those are a simple credit to the artist in the corner of any image made with them.
- Ozy -
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:52 pm

So I finally got around to testing these... 5 minutes of set up, and a 4 hour render lol.

35 passes BiPt ... Perhaps a suggestion for improvement would be a better way of displaying instances. having a hard time seeing where I placed grass and where I didn't.

Next time, I'll model the ground, texture the ship, add some rocks... some more variety in the grass... maybe some people... equipment and then some other .... and ... perhaps... *walks away mumbling*
Attachments
LandingSceneRC01-a.jpg
Image was resized, color adjusted and Brightness/contrasted. Original was 1280x768.
- Ozy -
<<

ToMasz

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:06 pm

Really nice try Ozy! It can be very nice splash screen in the end :)

Tomasz
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:35 am

Yeah, that would be neat.

Thanx!
- Ozy -
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:31 am

That's excellent, Ozylot... :D
I'm currently trying to get some more 3D trees from Xfrog, which we can make available when releasing KT2008... :D

Cheers
Kim Frederik
<<

ozylot

KT-Master

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 1:26 pm

- Ozy -
<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Fri Nov 30, 2007 7:10 pm

I would wish to contribute with a small garden flowers models library that I put together.
The models were originally free to use 3ds ones.
Despite the fact that they are hi-poly, they render quickly and are suitable for close-ups.
If you find them helpful, I can continue to add some other flowers and garden plants to the library.

Here is the link:
http://www.kerkythea.net/users/Frederik/Flowers_1.rar

Edited by Frederik: I've made the file available direct from our web-server... ;)

Enjoy!
Regards!
Dan
ArchiCAD // SketchUp // Kerkythea
Intel Core 2 Duo E 6400 @ 2,13 Ghz // NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT // 4 Gb RAM // Win XP SP2
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:28 am

Thanks for sharing these nice flowers, Dan! :D
Much appreciated! ;)

Cheers
Kim Frederik
<<

Dan

KT-GrandMaster

Post Sat Dec 01, 2007 12:41 pm

Glad you like them, Kim, and thanks for the new link!

So, you're working on a trees library, based on the free xfrog models, to be shipped together with the official KT 2008.
It's a good news, so I can renounce to work on this :D .
If no one else actually works on xfrog free potted plants, I would try to put together this library and share it too.
Regards!
Dan
ArchiCAD // SketchUp // Kerkythea
Intel Core 2 Duo E 6400 @ 2,13 Ghz // NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GT // 4 Gb RAM // Win XP SP2
PreviousNext

Return to RC Testing