[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4758: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4759: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4760: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3891)
Kerkythea Rendering System • View topic - Prototypes
This forum board is in read-only mode.
FAQ  •  Login

Prototypes

Moderator: ModeratorGroup

<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:48 pm

Prototypes

So, I'm moving the email thread here. :)

Here is a prototype of the SU->KT render dialog.
Opened in SU, renders from the current SU view.

This is a "proof of concept" layout, so, no, it's not pretty. Next version will have a toolbar, status bar, better layout. However, this is just the render dialog, so it's not going to have a ton of stuff in it.

The material dialog will be
a) a simplified "template" material system, where a user selects a basic material "type" and will be able to set colors and sliders / spinners for the basic properties. Preview is desirable, but no guarantees.
b) eventually, the complete KT material dialog.
When (b) is available, (a) will probably still be available if the user chooses

There will be a lighting option dialog. Not sure what that will look like.
There will be an options dialog.

Am I missing anything?
Attachments
screen.jpg
<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:50 pm

FROM EMAIL THREAD ---------------------------------------------------

hi Chris

it seems that a simple screenshot has ignited many replies! :lol:
I also had some chills... :)

And I think and hope that soon we will transfer these new goodies live in the forum. I am also in the startup, so I wouldn't like to share screenshots (it will cause more confusion and don't want to reach to quick results).

ok. To the point.

1. Yes, RGB values inside the returned data are inside 0...1 but they can be even bigger so, the false colors are probably there because you don't clamp values (before casting to char). Thus use the following code (I write this by heart):

wxColour GetColour(const KSDK_RGB &col)
{
unsigned ir = (col.red<0) ? unsigned(0) : ( col.red>1 ? unsigned(255) : unsigned(col.red*255+0.5f) );
unsigned ig = (col.green<0) ? unsigned(0) : ( col.green>1 ? unsigned(255) : unsigned(col.green*255+0.5f) );
unsigned ib = (col.blue<0) ? unsigned(0) : ( col.blue>1 ? unsigned(255) : unsigned(col.blue*255+0.5f) );

wxColour wxcol;
wxcol.Set(ir,ig,ib);
return wxcol;
}

2. The pointer you get to KSDK_RGB data points to the internal buffer, so you must not delete it.

3. Regarding icons, etc. there's no standard set (yet). My opinion is to move forward without caring much about this, and when the dialogs are close to finalization, we can ask one of our members to create a list of icons that are uniform (or buy but i doubt we can find all we need with similar colors etc.)

I hope it helps
giannis

On Fri, Jul 11, 2008 at 5:30 PM, Chris ... <avariant@hotmail.com> wrote:

It is mostly just a demo at the moment.

Along those lines, if anyone has suggestions on icons and images to use as buttons etc, let me know. If there is an icon suite that KT uses or will use, it might be nice to use that too.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: patricknieborg2002@hotmail.com; avariant@hotmail.com; ioannis.pantazopoulos@gmail.com
CC: sfletcher@prarch.com; ptohos@yahoo.com; p.lahde@gmail.com; tmarek@poczta.fm
Subject: SV: Tech achievements forum
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2008 06:52:04 +0200

Hi Chris,

Thanks for sharing the images and some words about what you've managed to achieve so far...

Like Patrick - and now please don't get me wrong, I'm not critisizing anyone or anything here - I'm also currious to know a little more about the GUI...

Also - have you seen how ASGvis have made the Vray for SU plug-in..??

Cheers
Kim Frederik

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Fra: patrick nieborg [mailto:patricknieborg2002@hotmail.com]
Sendt: 11. juli 2008 04:22
Til: Chris ...; Ioannis Pantazopoulos
Cc: Shane L. Fletcher; Dimitri Lalushi; Kim Frederik Balleby; Pentti Lahdenperä, KT Team; Tomasz Marek
Emne: RE: Tech achievements forum

Hi Chris

great job !!! :)

so if i understand right the image show the GUI inside SU and with a render made also inside SU ...... cool !
one thing .... the GUI can be made a bit better looking or is this a limitation from the new GUI ( or will this come later ... i mean right now you just look for making the basic work and later you concentrate on GUI design ) ?

keep up the good work :)

Greetings Patrick

To: ioannis.pantazopoulos@gmail.com
CC: sfletcher@prarch.com; ptohos@yahoo.com; kim.frederik@wagnersvej.dk; patricknieborg2002@hotmail.com; p.lahde@gmail.com; tmarek@poczta.fm
Subject: RE: Tech achievements forum
Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2008 20:13:50 +0000

Giannis,

The data available from KSDK_GetImage is an array of KSDK_RGB values. wxWidgets requires image data to be in unsigned char * format. I assumed that the KT RGB values were just floats from 0 to 1, and I could easily translate to 0-255. But when I do that, I get the image in the attached screen shot. Do you know what I'm doing wrong? (ss.jpg is screenshot, test.jpg is the image saved to disk, and is correct).

Also, do I need to free the array of KT RGB data?

I included everyone to show off what I've got. The dialog is opened and rendered from SU. ;)

Date: Tue, 8 Jul 2008 19:16:22 +0300
To: avariant@hotmail.com
Subject: Re: Tech achievements forum
CC: sfletcher@prarch.com; ptohos@yahoo.com; kim.frederik@wagnersvej.dk; patricknieborg2002@hotmail.com; p.lahde@gmail.com; tmarek@poczta.fm

I am just testing wxFormBuilder right now and it looks quite good! At least, it can help to building up basic forms and some standard windows.Patrick has pointed it a few days ago along with some other tools.
giannis
<<

ToMasz

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:59 pm

<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:05 am

huh. I posted this, but it seems to not have gone through.

Anyway...wxWidgets is a lot cooler than I thought. Dockable toolbars and window components. 8)
Attachments
screen.jpg
screen2.jpg
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:24 am

Hi Chris

that's looking good :)

the icons you are using are yours ? could you share them ? ( i like the camera icon 8) )

it would be good to post a list of icons that are needed

Greetings Patrick
<<

Avariant

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:23 am

They're from the tango project, tango.freedesktop.org. I think it came out of the linux world. Anyway, they are like "open-source" icons. :) Released under Creative Commons so you can use them freely, even for commercial, as long as you attribute the source and you freely share the icons with others.

Anyway, they might be a good starting point. A gradient or something in the background. They are actually part of what I use for Meridian. I like them, they're pretty clean, familiar but well done.

I don't have a total list of icons, but here's a start:

Start Render
Stop Render
Save Image
Export XML
Close (common)
Options (common)
Apply (common)

probably:
Lighting
Omni Light
Spot Light
Materials
Load Material
Load image
Environment
<<

patricks

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:47 am

Hi Chris

thanks for the information on the icons needed and also for the link :wink:

Greetings Patrick
<<

Frederik

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:09 am

Regarding icons etc., there seem to be many good and free icon libraries available... ;)

And many of them are royalty free and in other cases you just need to ask for permission by the creator... ;)
(I mean, why spend a lot of time on things, if it's already there... ;) )
Cheers
Kim Frederik

“…When a decision is made it’s important that you implement it quickly.”
<<

sintra

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:22 am

Kind regards

Darren

Sketchup6 & Kerkythea
Dell Precison M90 notebook, Intel Core 2 Duo 2.33 Ghz, 4Gb of Ram, nVidia Quadro FX 2500M

http://www.flickr.com/photos/darrengoodwin/show/
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:02 am

<<

ToMasz

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:24 am

<<

giannis

Site Admin

Post Sun Jul 13, 2008 4:05 pm

<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:48 am

the render preset size should have a little checkbox 'match SU screen ratio' so that you can type in the first number for the width of the render, and KT4SU will automatically fill in the second 'height' number depending on the size of your window... (for compositing purposes - like if you later want to export the same cam in hidden line mode to do something creative later)

so... can you render an alpha of an object directly in SU now?! :D

<<

ToMasz

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:26 am

It should work fine ... as long as selection rendering still works :)

Edit: Have checked it - selection mode rendering still works - just select the object - select alpha mash render - tada! :)

Tomasz
<<

Fletch

KT-Team
KT-Team

Post Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:22 pm

8)
\:D/

now, I hope G. will be able to implement 'smart alpha' or 'camera shader'... this will render the alpha only for the part of the object 'seen' by the camera... and not be just a 'dumb' alpha of the entire object.

For instance: This will allow us to render the alpha of the 'wood floor' and be able to composite in a diff. flooring without having to mask out all the furniture, for instance.

Next

Return to SketchUp Integration